• English

Sweden & South Sudan

Applying for a work permit

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

The quickest and easiest way to apply for a work permit is to do so online. Applications over the internet go directly to the Swedish Migration Agency.

Swedish Migration Agency web application

Your employer must also:

  • guarantee pay, Insurance coverage and other terms of employment equal to at least the collective agreement or Swedish practise in the profession or the branch of trade
  • have advertised the job vacancy in Sweden and the EU
  • have given the relevant union an opportunity to state an opinion on the terms of the offer of employment

You and the employer are responsible for showing the Migration Agency that the requirements above have been met. You do this by completing the application form for employees and the employer completes the Offer of Employment form.

If you are interested in working in Sweden, you can also find comprehensive information at the website Working in Sweden.

Working in Sweden