• English

Sweden & Singapore

Working in Sweden

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

Apply for a work permit

The Swedish Migration Agency process applications for work permit in Sweden. Apply for a work permit in Sweden at the Swedish Migration Agency's website here


All fees are available at the Swedish Migration Agency's website here.

Passport check

Applicants for a residence permits must show their passport at an in-person visit before the Swedish Migration Agency can grant a permit. The Migration Agency will contact affected applicants to schedule an appointment with the Embassy or Consulate General for passport and identity control. This cannot be done before you have recieved the instruction from the Migration Agency.

For applicants residing in Singapore and Brunei the Embassy is open for check of passports and biometrics for residence permits cards on Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am-12pm. No appointment is necessary. 

Rules and required documents

There are different types of work permit in Sweden. Information on rules and documentation can be read on the Swedish Migration Agency's website.

If you are interested in working in Sweden, you can also find information on the website Working in Sweden.

Basic information about: Working in Sweden

Basic information applicable to all countries is available here. In some countries, additional conditions also apply – for more information, select a country from the 'Select Country Here' drop-down list.

Read more