Sweden & Serbia

Emigrate to Sweden

If you are not a citizen of an EU/EEA country, you can move to Sweden only if you have been previously approved a residence permit.

You can get a residence permit in Sweden based on:

  1. Job offer. Beside the Embassy's homepage, these links might be useful too: Working in Sweden - Swedish Migration Agency (migrationsverket.se), Arbetsförmedlingen.se - Arbetsförmedlingen (arbetsformedlingen.se) or Finding a job in Sweden - sweden.se.
  2. Family reunification. Find all information on the Embassy´s or Migration Agency´s homepages.
  3. Studies. Useful links: » Study in Sweden – Live and learn the Swedish way and Universityadmissions.se - Apply to Swedish universities. Embassy's homepage contains information about the student residence permit.

Other useful links:

  1. University degree recognition: Recognition of foreign qualifications - Swedish Council for Higher Education (uhr.se) 
  2. Learn Swedish: The Swedish Institute and Swedish language courses - Folkuniversitetet.
  3. Driving licence: Driving licences - Transportstyrelsen
  4. EU citizens in Sweden: Work, study or live in Sweden for EU/​EEA citi­zens - Swedish Migration Agency (migrationsverket.se)
  5. Health workers in Sweden: Doctors educated outside EU/EEA - Sveriges läkarförbund (slf.se), Rapportens titel (socialstyrelsen.se)
  6. Apply for asylum: Asylum regulations - Swedish Migration Agency (migrationsverket.se)
  7. LGBT: If you are an LGBTQ person who is seeking asylum - Swedish Migration Agency (migrationsverket.se)
Last updated 04 Aug 2022, 3.41 PM