• English

Sweden & Saudi Arabia

Moving to someone in Sweden

If you want to move to Sweden to live with a close relative, you need a residence permit.

Other rules apply if you or the close relative in Sweden are citizens of an EU/EEA country (other than Sweden). A close relative may for instance be a husband or wife, a common law spouse or a child (a minor).

The quickest and easiest way to apply for a residence permit is to apply online over the Internet.

Swedish Migration Agency web application

If you cannot or do not want to apply online, you can submit an application document in person to the Embassy. You need to make an appointment.

Follow this link for an information video in Arabic. 

Avoid other people selling services
Neither the Swedish Migration Agency nor the Swedish embassies have anything to do with persons selling services in connection with applications for residence permits. All appointments for interviews for family reunification are made through the embassies and are free of charge. It is not possible to pay to move ahead in the queue. Please contact us if you have any information about people who are falsely representing the Swedish Migration Agency or the embassy and are trying to sell services for additional charges.