Sweden & Russia Russia

Required documents

If you apply for a work permit, you usually need to enclose the documents below. Special rules and forms may apply in the case of certain occupations.

Check the Swedish Migration Agency website.

You need:

  • An application form 149011
  • Copies of the pages in your passport that show your personal data, period of validity and whether you have permission to live in a country other than your country of origin.
  • Copies of all marked pages of citizen/internal passport (for Russian citizens).
  • The offer of employment, a union statement of opinion, and any other documents you may have received from your employer.

Accompanying family

If your family is accompanying you to Sweden, you can apply on their behalf in your own application.

If you use a paper form, or if the family will be applying at a later date, the family members are to use form Application for a permit for family members of employees, visiting researchers, athletes and self-employed persons 133011.

Check on the Swedish Migration Agency website which documents you need to attach for your family.

Swedish Migration Agency website

Residence permits for the self-employed

If you plan to work for a period longer than 3 months to start up or run your own business or become a part owner of a company, you must have a residence permit.  As self-employed you are not allowed to take employment with any employer. For more information please visit the website of the Swedish Migration Agency.