Business visit – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden on business, you need the documents listed below.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’
- Invitation letter from an inviting company or organization where the purpose of the visit is stated as well as who is responsible for your expenses during your stay. Information about exact dates for the first planned business trip and detailed itinerary must be included.
- Letter of employment
- Proof of accommodation (e.g. an invitation/sponsorship form from the host if staying with one; document from the establishment providing accommodation or any other appropriate document indicating the accommodation envisaged in accordance with the legislation of the Schengen Member State concerned); if not available, adequate written description of the planned journey
- A copy of tickets booking (we advise you not to pay for your tickets before your visa has been granted. Important! Cancellation of your tickets booking can be grounds for a refusal to issue a visa, or a review of your already issued visa); if not available, adequate written description of the planned journey.
Additional documentation is required for the following categories of business travellers:
Drivers (international cargo and passengers):
- Written request from the Russian national association of carriers (ASMAP or RAS) or the national association of carriers of the Member State stating the purpose, duration and frequency of trips
- A certificate or other document issued by a professional organisation proving that the person is a qualified journalist
- Letter from his/her employer stating that the purpose of the journey is to carry out journalistic work
(Freelance journalists: proof of journalistic activity (e.g. a press card or work contract) and proof of economic activity/financial means (e.g. 2NDFL or 3NDFL form, excerpt from the trade/fiscal registry, certificate for individual business, bank statement(s) covering at least three preceding months).