• English

Sweden & Pakistan

Visiting Sweden

The Swedish Embassy is handling Schengen visa applications for citizens of Pakistan and Afghanistan and persons legally residing in Pakistan.

If you plan to travel to Sweden you may need a Schengen visa. This is a permit to travel to and stay for a maximum of 90 days. Citizens from the following countries/territories require a visa when entering Sweden, check the list.

VFS Gerry’s receive and register visa applications on the embassy’s behalf. Information on how to apply for a Schengen visa as well as checklists about required documents are found on VFS Gerry’s website. 

You can find further information at the  Swedish Migration Agency. 

Here you find the application form.

If you intend to stay in Sweden for longer than 90 days you need to apply for a visitors’ residence permit,  Read more about a visitors’ residence permit

If there are special reasons – a visa for a longer period (a D-visa, also called National visa). You have to show that there are special circumstances entitling you to a D visa. Use the form National visa (D visa) 169011. Medical travel insurance is not required but recommended in case anything should happen. Please be aware that most applicants who want to stay in Sweden more than 90 days in a 180 day period should apply for a visitor's permit.

For questions regarding D-visa you can contact the Embassy. You submit application for Visitor's permit and D-visa at the Swedish Embassy. Book an appointment here.