• English

Sweden & Nepal

Checklist for Visa applications

The Embassy will only accept Schengen visa application form and supporting documents in A4 size paper. The forms must be completed in English or Swedish. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

Business/Conference visa

Please note that if the purpose with your trip is to work, you might need a work permit. Information on if you need a work permit or not, can be found here: Exemptions from the Work permit requirement :

If you need a work permit, find the information on how to apply for a work permit here: Applying for a work permit :

Sweden Business, Conference Checklist - Nepal

Visiting family and friends visa

Sweden Visiting Family & Friends Checklist - Nepal


Tourist Visa

Sweden Tourist Checklist - Nepal

Medical Visa

Sweden Medical Checklist - Nepal

Cultural, sports or religious events and for film crews

Sweden Cultural, Sport, religious events Checklist - Nepal

Seaman Visa

Sweden Seaman Checklist - Nepal

Purpose of study, research or other types of internship

Sweden Study Checklist - Nepal




Please note that a Schengen visa is only valid for 90 days. For information about studies or researching for a longer time please visit the Swedish Migration Agency´s website

Please note that Embassy of Sweden does not have any accredited travel agent.


Please note that the Embassy only cooperates with VFS Global. The Embassy has nothing to do with sellers outside the premises of the Embassy or the VFS Global office who offer services for payment. No sellers can influence either the processing period or the decision.

If you find that any of the Embassy or VFS Global staff offer you a visa for money (in addition to the visa fee), for other favours or else behave in a corrupt way please send an email to ambassaden.new-delhi@gov.se

Business and conference visits

If you are visiting Sweden on a business or conference trip and are a citizen of a non-EU country, you may need a visa. A visa is a permit to travel to and stay in a country for a limited period.

Read more