• English

Sweden & Malaysia

Working in Sweden

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

Apply for a work permit

The Swedish Migration Agency process applications for work permit in Sweden. Apply for a work permit in Sweden at the Swedish Migration Agency's website


All fees are available at the Swedish Migration Agency's website.

Rules and required documents

There are different types of work permits in Sweden. Information on rules and documentation can be read on the Swedish Migration Agency's website.

Job seeker visa

If you require more information about the job seeker visa, please find more information at Swedish Migration Agency's website. Please note that the Embassy of Sweden in Kuala Lumpur does not handle issues related to job seeker visa, or any kind, of visa.

Are you interested in working in Sweden for less than one year can also find useful information about working and living in Sweden on the website for Working in Sweden.