• English

Sweden & North Macedonia

Residence permit cards

If you have been granted a residence permit, you will be given a residence permit card. The card is proof that you have a valid residence permit in Sweden and that you are allowed to travel to the Schengen area.

Citizens of Albania, Kosovo and North Macedonia can travel to Sweden without a residence permit card provided they have not stayed more than 90 days within the last 180 days in the Schengen area. The residence permit card can thereafter be ordered at an office of the Swedish Migration Agency. An appointment must be booked: https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Contact-us/Book-an-appointment-before-you-visit-us.html

If you cannot travel to Sweden without a visa, you can leave biometric data (fingerprints and photo) for a residence permit card at the Embassy in Skopje. If you have done this when you had your interview at the Embassy, your card will be ordered automatically when the residence permit is granted. Otherwise, you may visit the Embassy after you have been granted a residence permit. 

It usually takes 2-6 weeks for the card to reach the Embassy. We will send you an e-mail when the card has arrived. You can pick up your card during the opening hours of the Embassy’s Migration Section Monday-Thursday, 09.00-11.00. Please, bring your passport for identification.

As residence permit cards are sometimes delayed, we recommend that you do not book any tickets for the trip to Sweden before receiving your residence permit card.

Last updated 20 Dec 2023, 11.13 AM