• English

Sweden & North Macedonia

Apply for a residence permit in Sweden

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and want to move to Sweden to live with a family member, you need a residence permit.

Information about residence permit in Sweden can be found at the Swedish Migration Agency's webpage. There you can also find information about the maintenance requirements and which documents are needed.

Other rules apply if you, or your close relative in Sweden, are citizens or has a status as a long-term resident of an EU/EEA country (other than Sweden). A close relative may for instance be a husband or wife or a child. The most updated information on this subject can be found at the Swedish Migration Agency's webpage

The easiest way to apply for residence permit is to apply online. An online application goes directly to the Swedish Migration Agency (Swedish Migration Agency online application)

If you are unable to apply online, you can submit your application and supporting documents at the Embassy of Sweden in Skopje. You can find more information here: How to apply - Sweden Abroad