• English

Sweden & Jordan

Required documents

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.

Check which additional documents you need in the menu below, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

You must have:

  • A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application For Schengen Visa. You need to download the blanket from the Swedish Migration Agency's website. You can see an example of the visa application form in Arabic language below. Please note that you cannot use this form for applying. It is only for information purposes.
  • Passport in original. This must: - be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area, - contain at least two empty pages, - have been issued during the past ten years.
  • Copies of all pages in the passport that are not blank, and copies of previous Schengen visas in expired passports.
  • One photograph in passport format and color, taken straight from the front and no older than six months and with a white background.
  • A round trip booking (the ticket to be bought only after the visa has been issued)
  • Proof of accommodation (if it is a visit to relatives and friends it is enough if the referent states that he/she will provide accommodation in the invitation form)
  • Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. NOTE (!) the Insurance must state that it covers all of the Schengen Member States. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’
  • Enough money to support yourself during your stay. A bank statement in English verifying that funds for the stay are available, it has to show transactions for the last three (3) months. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so.
  • Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu below.
  • Anyone who is not a Jordanian citizen must show a residence permit or proof of residence in Jordan.
  • Proof of occupation:

Employees: Certificate of employment, specifying the date of recruitment, position in the company, salary level, leave permission and contact details of employer.

Company owners: Copy of the commercial registry and the company’s annual license to operate.

Pupils/students: Proof of enrolment in school/university.

  • Family booklet called “daftar eileh” or ” دفتر عائلة" in Jordan/extract of family register.

If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional documents as described under ‘Minors’ in the menu below.

Last updated 23 Apr 2024, 5.43 PM