• English

Sweden & Jordan

Moving to someone in Sweden

If you want to move to Sweden to live with a close relative, you need a residence permit.

Other rules apply if you or the close relative in Sweden are citizens of an EU/EEA country (other than Sweden). A close relative may for instance be a husband or wife, a common law spouse or a child (a minor).

Listen to information

You can listen to information about how to apply for a residence permit on english on Soundcloud. You can also listen on arabic on the Soundcloud page.


The quickest and easiest way to apply for a residence permit is to apply online over the Internet. You can apply for a residence permit on the  Swedish Migration Agency's website.

If you cannot or do not want to apply online, you can submit an application document in person to the Embassy. You need to make an appointment.

Rules and required documents

Read about the rules, which documents are required and how to apply step by step in the menu below. You can also click the you-tube link below and watch a video clip in Arabic that explains the entire application process.