Renewal of passport for adults
Passport application only after appointment
Before submitting an application you must book an appointment. It will not be possible for us to see you without an appointment. Bookings can be made by sending us an e-mail or calling us during our phone hours.
Always give your full Swedish ID - number (personnummer/samordningsnummer) when you phone or e mail the consular section. Without your ID number we cannot find you in the system.
The fee for an ordinary passport or a national ID-card is paid in local currency.
The processing time is normally about 3-4 weeks and you must collect your passport in person at the Embassy. Don't forget to bring your old passport when you collect your new one. If it is out of date you need to bring another valid photo ID. If you do not have a valid photo ID you must bring a close relative who is Swedish with a valid photo ID to identify you.
The passport must be collected within six months or it will be invalidated and the fee forfeited.
- A completed application form. (Can be downloaded here)
- A booked appointment
- Your previous passport. (We will not keep the passport during the processing time.)
- If your passport has been lost or stolen, this must be reported to the police and the police report submitted to the Embassy when you apply.
- Should you be unable to show your previous passport, you must bring, a valid photo ID to prove your identity.
- If you have never been a resident of Sweden, please bring your birth certificate. The certificate should state names of both parents.
- All documents must be submitted in original and the application form must be filled in.
- We take biometric photos and fingerprints at the Embassy as part of the application process
- All ordinary Swedish passports are biometric and valid for five years.
- Passports are issued according to the information available in the Swedish Population Register. If in doubt, particularly about your names and place of birth, please check your details in the register before you apply for a passport.
You may contact the Population Register (Folkbokföringen) at Skatteverket, by phone 0046 8 564 85 160 or visit the website of the Swedish Tax Agency
- The Embassy can not accept an incomplete application.