• English

Sweden & Ethiopia

Application for Swedish citizenship

Persons born before April 1, 2015 to an unmarried couple where only the father is a Swedish citizen must make a notification of Swedish citizenship before it is possible to apply for a co-ordination number and then a passport or ID card.

For application for Swedish citizenship, the following documents are required:

1. Fill in the form Application for Swedish citizenship for children born abroad with Swedish father, obtain the form here.
2. Birth Certificate in original, Both Parents' Name shall be displayed.
3. The father's valid Swedish passport or national ID card.
4. The mother's valid passport or other photo ID.
The fee for the notification is SEK 175, which is paid in local currency.

The processing time is usually several months.

Last updated 02 Apr 2018, 3.27 PM