Medical treatment visit required documents
The following are the required documents for those who wish to visit Sweden for medical treatment.
Certificate from a medical doctor and medical institution (from country of residence). This certificate should state the medical history of the patient and what kind of medical treatment is needed.
Official documents from the receiving medical institution (in Sweden):
- Application form filled out and signed by the applicant
- Family details Appendix to your application filled out and signed.
- Previous passport covering the last 7 years is mandatory.
- Movement certificate is required in these cases:
- First travellers.
- The passports not covering the last 7 years.
- If there is a gap between the current and the previous passport more than 3 months
Proof of financial arrangements made for medical costs.
Correspondence between the sending medical doctor and the receiving medical institution, if available.
Original bank statements, for the past 6 months In the absence of bank account, proof of the other assets has to be provided.
A round trip ticket reservation, primary reservation is mandatory.
Hotel booking confirmation or proof of accommodation (primary reservation) if it's not mentioned in the medical invitation.
Travel medical insurance covering the entire period of the intended stay, valid for all Schengen states and covering any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during the stay, the minimum coverage must be 30.000 EUR.
- It should confirm that it can perform the specific medical treatment and the patient will be accepted accordingly.
- Full address of medical institution or even their website.
- Contact number for the medical institution.
- It should be signed and stamped.
If the documents are in Arabic, they should be translated into English or Swedish.