• English

Sweden & Egypt

Moving to Sweden From Egypt

To be able to apply for a residence permit to live in Sweden you will have to have one of the following reasons:

  • Family ties & family reunification: applying to join a close family member who is residing in Sweden permanently like a spouse or a child  under 18. For more details, please go to the relevant Swedish Migration Agency page here.
  • Work permit: you must have an offer of employment from an employer in Sweden. For more details, please go to the relevant Swedish Migration Agency website here.
  • Study permit: you must have an acceptance letter from university/ school to study in Sweden. More information can be found at Studyinsweden.se and the Migrationsversket.

For more detailed information about applying for residence permit in Sweden kindly visit the Swedish Migration Agency’s website:

You can even get more detailed information by contacting Sweden Migration Board’s customer services

If you have submitted an online application for a residence permit, you should schedule an appointment after the Swedish Migration Agency has asked you to do so. It is important that you state the control or case number and personal details of all family members that are applying. Use the form here to book an appointment:  Form to book appointment

If you already have an interview booked at another mission it will be cancelled when you book an interview at the Embassy of Sweden in Cairo.

If you wish to book an appointment to submit a paper application for residence permit at the Embassy, please use the form here to book an appointment: Form to book appointment