• English

Sweden & Burundi

Moving to Sweden

If you want to move to Sweden to live with someone, study or work you need a residence permit.


You apply for a residence permit online over the internet. An online application goes directly to the Swedish Migration Board.

If you are unable to apply online, please ask your family members in Sweden to fill out the electronic application form, attach copies of documents and pay any application fee.

Swedish Migration Board web application

For more information about different residence permits, required documents and fees please visit the  Migration Agency's website.