Residence Permit for family members/Co-applicants
Please be sure to bring your application and all the supporting documents listed below are photocopied in 2 different sets.
Enclose the following documents with your application
- If you are using a paper form, or if the family will be applying at a later date, form no. 135011, Application for co-applicants to students/doctoral students
- Copies of the pages in your passport which show your personal information, photograph, signature, passport number, passport issuing country, the period of the passport's validity and whether you have permission to live in countries other than your country of origin. If your passport is about to expire, you should renew it as you cannot obtain a permit for longer than the validity of your passport
- Documents, e.g. a bank statement, to prove that your maintenance is secured (in English).
- A copy of a marriage certificate or the equivalent (applies to married couples and registered partners)
- A certificate of population registration, rental contract or proof of purchase for your residence or other documents showing that you have been living together in your country of origin (applies to cohabiting partners)
- A short letter from the person in Sweden in which they confirm that you are going to live together in Sweden, if you are not applying for a permit at the same time.
Make sure that the information on the documents you attach is clearly visible. Check that the numbers and characters at the top and bottom of the passport pages is clear and legible.
If you have children under the age of 18 who are moving to Sweden with you, you must also attach
- Copy of the child's passport, showing their personal data, photograph, signature (if applicable), passport number, country issuing the passport, the period of the passport's validity and whether the child has permission to live in countries other than their country of origin. If child's passport is about to expire, it should be renewed as the child cannot obtain a permit for longer than the validity of the passport
- Documents, e.g. a bank statement, to prove that the child's maintenance is secured (in English)
- Birth certificate or equivalent document on which the parents' names appear
- Consent from the other custodial parent that the child may move to Sweden, if the other custodial parent is not moving with you to Sweden. It must be clear for what time the child is allowed to stay in Sweden. A copy of the other custodial parent's passport or other ID documents must also be attached
- Court decision if you have sole custody or death certificate if the other parent is deceased
- Adoption documents if the child was adopted.
Note: If the required documents are not in Swedish or English language then these should be submitted with proper translation in Swedish or English.