• English

Sweden & Bahrain

Online application – visiting students

Online application for residence permit for visiting students.

With the online application forms you can

  • apply for a residence permit for studies at a university or a college of higher education (citizens of countries whose citizens do not need entry visas for travel to Sweden)
  • apply for an extension of a residence permit for studies (all countries)
  • register your right of residence on grounds of  studies (EU/EEA citizens)

In most cases accompanying family members can apply on the same time as you.

Citizens of Switzerland and citizens of countries outside EU/EEA with long-term resident status in another EU country cannot use the electronic form service yet.

To the electronic application service for residence permit for visiting students

Book a personal appointment

When you fill out and submit your application you can – at some Swedish missions – book a personal appointment for your visit. When the possibility exists you will find more information under the heading ‘Book a personal appointment’.