Sweden & The Netherlands

Emergency passport

If you have lost your ordinary passport you can apply for an emergency passport. The emergency passport is an A4 sheet without biometric information and is issued for a specific, imminent (within 2-3 days) journey. Validity varies depending on circumstances but maximum validity is 7 months. You must tell the Embassy how long you will be away and show a valid ticket. You must always check that the country you are visiting accepts a Swedish A4 emergency passport. The best way to do this is to contact the relevant embassy.

Need an emergency passport?

Call the consular section at the Embassy to make an appointment. Link to contact information

When you come to the appointment at the Embassy, bring the following:

  • A valid photo ID
  • If you apply because your passport is no longer valid – bring the passport.
  • If the passport has been lost/stolen we need a police report. The lost/stolen passport will be rendered invalid by the Embassy.
  • A valid ticket or travel reservation. The consular officer also needs information about the purpose and urgency of the travel plans.
  • Means to pay the application fee (payment by bank card preferred).
  • Any other documents requested by the consular officer.
  • For children under 18 there are additional requirements, please consult the consular officer.
Last updated 12 Jul 2024, 3.00 PM