Travel to Singapore

Loss of ordinary passport / Emergency passport

If you have lost your ordinary passport you can apply for an emergency passport. An emergency passport issued by the Embassy is an A4-sheet and issued for a specific, one-way and imminent (within 2-3 days) journey.

If the passport is lost/stolen, contact the Singaporean police to file a police report. Bring the police report with you to the embassy. You can block your stolen/lost passport at the embassy or by contacting the Swedish police. Found passport or national ID card cannot be used after it has been blocked.

If you have lost your regular passport, you can apply for an emergency/provisional passport. It is normally issued for a trip directly home to Sweden or alternatively the country of residence and has a short period of validity, maximum of 7 months validity period.

An emergency passport is valid for a one-way journey and do not contain any biometric data.

You must always check that the country you are travelling to accepts a Swedish A4 emergency passport. You can do this for example by contacting the embassy in the country you are travelling to or your airline/travel company.

The embassy does not issue provisional passports for holiday or business travel. You should state the length of the trip and show your flight ticket.

Necessary documents for emergency passport

To apply for an emergency passport in Singapore you need to:

  1. Supply all necessary documents as specified in the checklist for ordinary passport/national ID-cards for adults or for children (under 18) respectively

  2. Show a valid ticket for an imminent trip (within 2-3 days)

  3. Pay the fee at the same time as the application is submitted, the fee is SEK1.800.

  4. You need to visit the Embassy in person. Please book an appointment online or contact us directly through email.

  5. If you are applying for an emergency passport because your ordinary passport is no longer valid you must bring the expired passport along with another form of valid photo ID. You can find more information here about valid ID and how you can prove your identity in case you do not have a valid ID.
  6. If your ordinary passport has been lost or stolen, it will be rendered invalid by the Embassy. A passport cannot be used after it has been rendered invalid.
  7. An emergency passport cannot be used as an ID.