Travel to Israel

First-time Passport Application for Child

Passport applications for children under 18 who have never previously had a Swedish passport must first apply for and obtain a Swedish ID-number (samordningsnummer) from Skatteverket. Once the ID-number has been obtained, the following is required for a child applicant when applying for a new passport.

  • The child must be accompanied to the Embassy/Consulate General by his/her legal guardian. If legal custody has been granted to one parent or to another person, legal proof of guardianship must be submitted with the application. Please use the form "guardian certificate". You will find the form here
  • Parents must prove their identity by showing valid passport or other photo-ID.
  • If only one of the parents can accompany the child, the written consent by the other parent must be submitted as well as a copy of his/her valid passport or other photo-ID with a signature. Important that the signature on the written consent match the signature on the passport/ID!
  • Birth certificate in English for the child
  • Decisions from Skatteverket as to the name and the ID-number.
  • Copy of legal guardians' marriage certificate, if married.
  • Application fee which is the equivalent of SEK 1 600 in the local currency.
  • Please note that all documents must be in Swedish or English, or translated by a certified translator into one of these languages.

Unless otherwise stated above, all documents must be originals.