Renewal of passports for children under 18 in Cyprus

When renewing a passport and national ID-card for children under 18, the following is required:


  • The child must come to the embassy together with their guardians. The guardian's witnessed consent form must be submitted.
  • If the child has only one guardian, this must be proven by a certificate or a final court decision.
  • The form "Information for verification of Swedish citizenship" filled in.
  • The parents must prove their identity with a passport or valid photo ID.
  • Swedish parents who have emigrated from Sweden must present a residence permit in the country of residence. In Cyprus, this is the registration certificate for EU citizens.
  • The child's previous passport must be presented.
  • Family certificate from the Swedish Tax Agency, not older than 3 months or the child's birth certificate stating the parents' names.
  • The fee for the passport, corresponding to SEK 1,600 in local currency  is paid by debit card or cash in EUR at the embassy.
  • If you wish to receive the passport at another Swedish Embassy or Consulate, you must inform the officer before the application process is commenced.

Note! All documents must be original documents.


Passport collection:

Passport and national ID card must be collected in person by one of the child's guardians, power of attorney does not apply. The guardian should be able to identify himself with a valid ID document. Bring previous passports for cancellation and receipt. If the passport application has been made in Sweden, a fee corresponding to SEK 200 in local currency applies and can be paid in cash or by card at the embassy.