Passport abroad

The embassy or consulate can help you obtain an emergency passport that is valid for one journey, regardless of whether it is to Sweden or another country. Please note that some countries do not allow entry or transit using an emergency passport. If you are going to continue your journey, you should therefore contact the embassy of the country you intend to travel to and find out what rules apply with regard to emergency passports. You should not approach Swedish government agencies with questions concerning terms of entry to other countries.

You can also apply for a new regular passport at many but not all embassies, but this may take a month or more since all ordinary passports are issued in Sweden.

Last updated 08 May 2017, 13.59