The Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul hereby announces its call for applications for projects in 2023.
Since 2001 the Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul has promoted collaboration between Sweden and Turkey through disposing funds. With these funds, we aim to support civil society organizations throughout Turkey, to serve as a resource for our partners, and to provide a platform for public debate. The support is guided by the Results strategy for Sweden´s reform cooperation with the Western Balkans and Turkey 2021-2027. You can find the strategy here.
For 2023 we particularly welcome applications for projects that focus on:
- Creating opportunities for exercising human rights, especially freedom of expression and advancing democratic participation and accountability.
- Enhancing women’s and girls´ participation and influence in decision-making processes at all levels and in all areas and providing forums where they can make their voices heard.
- Strengthening a pluralistic civil society that can work against social polarization and discrimination.
- Creating opportunities for the democratic participation of youth.
- Strengthening labour rights and human rights in employment and workplace.
We encourage projects that foster collaborations between different institutions and sectors of society, that include activities in multiple regions of Turkey and that are co-funded with other grant makers. We also encourage that a gender equality perspective is mainstreamed into the applicant’s organizational structure as well as their working methods, and in the activities of the project.
The application must be sent and postmarked at latest by 1 September 2022.
Officially registered CSOs, foundations, associations, think tanks, trade unions and universities are welcome to apply. Applications from individuals or profit-making businesses are not eligible. Project applications related to the Syrian crisis are referred to Sida's Syrian crisis strategy.
In order for us to be able to review your project, you must complete the “Grant Application Form”, which you can find here.
Before filling out the application, we recommend that you read the full strategy here.
If you have questions regarding your project proposal you are welcome to contact us by sending an email. The contact information can be found below, as well as a FAQ.
The form must be completed in English and should be no longer than 10 pages.
Please note the mandatory documents that you need to include your application.
The budget should be made in Turkish Lira.
The completed application should be sent to the Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul by regular mail or be handed over to the guards at the Consulate. Please do not use plastic folders or anything like it. Think about the environment!
We do not accept incomplete applications or applications sent by fax or email.
The Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul, the Section for Swedish-Turkish Cooperation:
+90 212 334 06 04
+90 212 334 06 00
Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul
İstiklal Caddesi No: 247 (Tünel)
344 33 Beyoğlu İstanbul
5. Do you have a specific budget template for us to use?
6. Can a preliminary assessment of the application be made?
7. When will the results be announced?
8. Are newly established organizations eligable to apply to the funding scheme?