The Embassy of Sweden in Beijing is seeking an assistant in the political section.
• Assist the staff at the political section in contacts with relevant Chinese government agencies and thinktanks, including setting up meetings.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of high-level and working level visits from Sweden to China.
• Closely follow Chinese media, and assist the section with providing relevant news, as well as some research.
• Some translation and interpretation.
• Good administrative ability.
• Good knowledge of Chinese domestic and foreign policy.
• Good knowledge, oral and written, of English and Chinese.
• Good networking skills.
• Good cooperative skills.
• Highly motivated, organised and resourceful.
• Knowledge in Swedish will be considered an asset.
• Fulltime position based at the Embassy of Sweden in Beijing.
• Varied and dedicated international work experience within a multi-cultural and open setting.
• Salary will be set individually, based on qualifications and working experience
• The working time is 39.45 hours / week (full time).
• The Embassy applies individual wages. Other terms under local employment conditions.
• Probationary employment will be applicable for the selected candidate.
CONTACT FOR INFORMATION ETC
Your application should be in English and include a CV and a letter describing why you are interested in the position and working at the Embassy of Sweden. Please provide contact details of two reference persons (at least one must be from a current or previous employer). Do not send any originals, we do not return applications.
• For more information, contact Lena von Sydow, Head of the Political Section, +86 10 8531 1800.
• The application must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 4th.