• English

Sweden & United States

Moving to someone in Sweden

All foreign nationals – including U.S. citizens – who plan to move to Sweden or stay in Sweden for more than 90 days need to obtain a residence permit before entering the country.

The requirements and how to submit an application can be found on the Swedish Migration Agency website:

For processing time, please visit the Swedish Migration Agency´s website:

If you are granted a residence permit and you are a U.S Citizen you can enter Sweden with the decision from the Migration Agency and then submit the biometric data for the residence permit card in Sweden.

If you require a visa in order to travel to Sweden, you will have to submit the biometric data at the Embassy and receive your residence permit card before entering Sweden.