• English

Sweden & Ukraine

Required documents

If you apply for a work permit, you usually need to enclose the documents below. Special rules and forms may apply in the case of certain occupations.

Check the Swedish Migration Agency website.

Swedish Migration Agency website

If you apply online, you attach the documents electronically. If you apply on a paper form, you have to bring all the requisite documents with you to the Embassy, together with the completed form.

You need:

  • An application form (if you are not applying online). There are different forms for different types of work permits.
  • A passport for travelling abroad and copies of the ID-page and pages with visas and stamps in this passport.
  • A written offer of employment, a union statement of opinion and/or any other documents you may have received from your employer.
  • Two [2] coloured photographs, size 35x45 mm, recent and of true likeness, showing full face, taken against a plain, evenly lit and light background.
  • Receipt of paid application fee.

NB! All documents need to be submitted in two copies.

Accompanying family

If your family is accompanying you to Sweden, you can apply on their behalf in your own application.

If you use a paper form, or if the family will be applying at a later date, the family members have to use form no. 133011, Application for a permit for family members of employees, visiting researchers, athletes and self-employed persons.

The following must be included with your family members' applications:

  • copies of the pages in their passports which show their personal information, photograph, signature, passport number, passport issuing country, the period of the passport's validity and whether they have permission to live in countries other than their country of origin
  • copies of marriage certificates or the equivalent (applies to married couples or registered partners)
  • documents showing that you have lived together in your country of origin (applies to common-law spouses)
  • birth certificates for children
  • consent from the other custodial parent, if they are not also coming to Sweden, stating that the child is allowed to move to Sweden
  • documents showing that children above the age of 21 are financially dependent on their parents
  • a short letter written by you, which indicates that you and your family members will live together in Sweden although you have not applied together.

The documents should be translated to Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

NB! All documents need to be submitted in two copies.

If your family members' passports are about to expire they should be renewed as permits cannot be obtained for longer than the validity of the passports. To be registered in the Swedish population register, you need to have a permit for more than one year.

More info can be found on the Swedish Migration Agency website:

Swedish Migration Agency website