• English

Sweden & Thailand

Working in Sweden

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

Apply for a work permit

The Swedish Migration Agency process applications for work permit in Sweden. Apply for a work permit in Sweden at the Swedish Migration Agency's website here


All fees are available at the Swedish Migration Agency's website here.

Rules and required documents

There are different types of work permits in Sweden. Information on rules and documentation can be read on the Swedish Migration Agency's website.

If you are interested in working in Sweden, you can also find information on the website Working in Sweden.

Approval from the Thai authorities

Before leaving for Sweden, Thai citizens must contact the Department of Employment in Thailand to get official approval to leave Thailand to work abroad:

Office of Overseas Employment Administration
Department of Employment, Bangkok 10400
Email: service@overseas.doe.go.th
Tel: +66 2245 9428
Fax: +66 2245 6717

Last updated 04 Aug 2021, 9.31 AM