• English

Sweden & Tanzania

Studying at universities or university colleges

If you are going to study at a university or university college in Sweden for longer than three months, you must have a residence permit. The permit must be in place before you travel to Sweden.

Requirements for obtaining a residence permit

To obtain a residence permit, you must:

  • hold a valid passport
  • be accepted on a course of full-time study at a university or university college
  • be able to support yourself during the period for which you are applying for
  • have a comprehensive insurance policy.

More detailed infromation about rules, regulations and required documents can be found on the Swedish Migration Agency's website.

Swedish Migration Agency


The  easiest way to apply for a residence permit is to apply online over the internet. An online application goes directly to the Swedish Migration Agency.

Swedish Migration Agency

If you are still unable or do not want to apply online, you can submit an application at the Swedish Embassy.

Last updated 17 Nov 2017, 8.49 AM