Sweden & Switzerland

Moving to someone in Sweden

The Embassy of Sweden in Bern does not handle any migration or visa matters.

We are not able to accept applications, take biometrics for residence- and work permits or provide any type of stamps/certificates for those applying for visa. Normally applications are made on-line.
Please inform yourself at the homepage of the Swedish Migration AgencyFor Swiss citizens.

For further questions we kindly ask you to contact one of the five Swedish embassies in the Schengen-Area handling migration: AthensBerlinMadridParis or Rome.
You can also contact the Swedish Migration Agency (Migrationsverket).

Basic information about: Moving to someone in Sweden

Basic information applicable to all countries is available here. In some countries, additional conditions also apply – for more information, select a country from the 'Select Country Here' drop-down list.

Read more