Sweden & Serbia

Required documents

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have necessary documents. A number of other, additional, documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning. See the list of necessary and additional documents below.

All the documents have to be presented in the original form. Should you wish to keep the original form, you may present a photocopy which doesn't have to be verified - but in that case you have to show the original document to the visa officer.

Bear in mind that Kosovo citizens (holders of Kosovo pasport) are to apply for Schengen visa only at the Embassy of Sweden in Skopje.

Also, the Council of the European Union adopted a decision on the full suspension of the EU-Russia Visa Facilitation Agreement. Consequently, the general provisions of the Visa Code will apply to Russian citizens. The most obvious consequence of the suspension is that, as of September 12th 2022, all Russian citizens have to pay the full visa fee and attach all the required documents as the other third-country nationals. 

You must have:

  • A completed and signed application forms no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa
  • A visa fee, correct amount in RSD.
  • A passport or some other valid travel document. It must:

         - be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area

         - contain at least two empty pages

         - have been issued during the past ten years

         - be copied and the copy (of the identity page) attached to the application; if you need to keep your passport while the application is being handled, you need to make copies of all the stamped and visa pages of your passport.

  • One photo in passport format, taken straight from the front and no older than six months.
  • Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under Travel insurance
  • Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general,      Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 (circa 40 EUR) per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board  and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. If you are paying for you stay in Sweden yourself, i.e. if you are not going to stay at your friends´ or relatives´, you need to show that you have substantial means of support for your stay in Sweden, for example a bank account receipt. You should also present a hotel booking and the return ticket. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so. 
  • Enough money for the return journey, or a return ticket.
  • Employed persons:

-Employment certificate

-Certificate regarding applicants paid or non-paid leave during the stay in Sweden

-Certificate issued by "Republicki fond za penzijsko i invalidsko osiguranje zaposlenih" so called "Uverenje" in original and of a recent date.

  • Farmers:

-Farming or agriculture certificate

-Latest certificate of paid tax

  • Private company owners:

-Copy of company registration certificate (original to be shown)

-Latest certificate of paid taxes

-Copy of PIB number

  • Pensioners:

-Latest pension slip

  • Students:

-Student certificate (optional student booklet in original and the copy of it)

  • Pupils:

-School certificate

-Absence permission from school when applying for visa during the school term

  • Applicants dependent on somebody else's financial support (like      children, students, unemployed persons etc):

-Certificate which is confirming how the applicant is supported in the home country and who is paying for the applicant's travel and stay in Sweden. For example: certificate regarding average income for the last three months from applicant's parents or spouse or pension check.

Depending on the type of your visit, as well as if the visit includes minors, additional documents are needed. See the list of documents in the section Additional documents.