Sweden & Serbia

Evaluation of Foreign Degrees

If you have completed a higher education programme in some other country, you can contact the Swedish Council for Higher Education in Sweden, to apply for an evaluation of your degrees.

The Swedish Council for Higher Education (Universitets- och högskolerådet) is the public agency responsible for the recognition of foreign qualifications.

The purpose of this recognition process is to make it possible for individuals to use qualifications from other education systems without losing the real value of these qualifications.

You can find more information about how to proceed with the process of having your qualification officially recognized in Sweden, by clicking here

 The Swedish Council for Higher Education was established on January 1, 2013. This new public agency is a result of a merger of the following previous government agencies: Swedish National Agency for Higher Education (Högskoleverket), Swedish Agency for Higher Education Services (Verket för högskoleservice) and International Programme Office for Education and Training (Internationella programkontoret).

Due to this reorganisation, the turnover time for the evaluation of foreign qualifications is longer than normal. There is at present a delay of approximately 3 weeks for the registration of files. This means that credential evaluators cannot always answer questions in regards to the status of your application.