• English

Sweden & Lebanon

Visiting relatives and friends – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit relatives and friends, you need the documents listed below.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.

Documents concerning the relative or friend in Sweden

You must also attach documents concerning the relative or friend you plan to visit in Sweden.

Documents must not be older than three months.

You must have:

  • Form no. 241011: Invitation – If you wish to invite a relative or friend to visit you. You must submit the original form and it must be completed and signed by the relative or friend in Sweden wishing to invite you.
  • Personbevis of the relative / friend in Sweden. Personbevis for the purposeof invitation for a visa can be ordered from the Swedish Tax Agency.
  • A signed copy of the relative's/friend's identity card or passport.
  • And – if the relative/friend will be paying for your support in Sweden – his/her bank statement verifying that funds for the stay are available, it has to show transactions for the last six (6) months. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends and relatives.

Other supporting documents can be submitted to the embassy showing the urgency of the visit such as, a recent medical certificate from a doctor or midwife.   

Last updated 12 Nov 2018, 11.50 AM