• English

Sweden & Germany

Work, study or live in Sweden for EU/​EEA citi­zens and their family

As an EU/EEA citizen you have the right to work, study or live in Sweden without a residence permit. You also have the right to start and operate a private business. The right of EU/EEA citizens to stay in Sweden without a residence permit is called right of residence. You have right of residence if you are employed, self-employed, a student or have sufficient means to support yourself. If you have right of residence in Sweden you do not need to contact the Swedish Migration Agency. Instead, you have to contact the Swedish Tax Agency: You are a citizen of a EU or EEA country | Skatteverket.

Last updated 13 Nov 2023, 1.44 PM