• English

Sweden & Germany

Long-term residents of another EU country

Individuals who have lived in an EU country for at least five years with a residence permit may apply for long-term resident status in that country. Persons who are granted long-term resident status receive a special EC/EU residence permit. This gives them certain rights, similar to those of an EU citizen. This makes it easier for them to move to another EU country in order to work, study, start their own business or live on their pension, for example.

More information on: Swedish residence permits for long-term residents of another EU country - Migrationsverket

Last updated 13 Nov 2023, 1.42 PM