• English

Sweden & Cyprus

Working in Sweden

In order to work in Sweden, you must have a work permit if you are a citizen of a non-EU country.

Read more about how to apply for a work permit or a residence permit as a self-employed person or visiting researcher.

Working in Sweden

New rules for passport check

The Swedish Migration Agency introduces new rules for better passport checks for residence permit applicants. From 1 November, applicants for a residence permit must show their passport at an in-person visit before the Swedish Migration Agency can grant a permit. The Migration Agency will contact affected applicants to schedule an appointment with the Embassy for passport and identity control. Read more about the new rules for stricter passport checks on the Swewdish Migration Agency's homepage: www.migrationsverket.se

If you need to visit the Embassy to present your passport in person, please contact:migration.nicosia@gov.se for an appointment.