• English

Sweden & Cyprus

Studying in Sweden

In order to study in Sweden as a citizen of a non-EU country, you must have a residence permit.

Read more about how to apply for a permit for studies or to work as a doctoral student:

Studying and researching in Sweden

General information about studies in Sweden:

Study in Sweden

New rules for passport check

The Swedish Migration Agency introduces new rules for better passport checks for residence permit applicants. From 1 November, applicants for a residence permit must show their passport at an in-person visit before the Swedish Migration Agency will contact affected applicants to schedule an appointment with the Embassy for passport and identity control.

Read more about the new rules for stricter passport checks on the Swedish Migration Agency's homepage: migrationsverket.se

If you need to visit the Embassy to preent your passport in person, please contact: migration.nicosia@gov.se for an appointment.