• English

Sweden & Cyprus

Moving to someone in Sweden

In order to join your family or a relative in Sweden if you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you must have a residence permit. Read more about how to apply for yourself and on behalf of your child.

Moving to someone in Sweden

New rules for passport check.

The Swedish Migration Agency introduces new rules for better passport checks for residence permit applicants. From 1 November, applicants for a residence permit must show their passport at an in-person visit before the Swedish Migration Agency can grant a permit. The Migration Agency will contact affected applicants to schedule an appointment with the Embassy for passport checks. Read more about the new rules for stricter passport checks on the Swedish Migration Agency's homepage: migrationsverket.se

If you need to visit the Embassy to present your passport in person, please contact: migration.nicosia@gov.se for an appointment.