• English

Sweden & Azerbaijan

Moving to someone in Sweden

Residence permits for work, study or for the purpose of joining a spouse or family member in Sweden are handled by the Consulate-General of Sweden in Istanbul, which also conducts interviews and collects biometric data (through fingerprints).

The most effective way to apply is through the online service of the Swedish Migration Board. Online applications are given priority.

If you cannot or do not want to apply online, you can submit an application document in person at the Consulate-General in Istanbul after making an appointment at the Embassy’s homepage.

Please note that the Swedish Embassy in Baku does not handle migration issues (we do not conduct interviews, grant any kind of permits and/or issue residence cards).

Moving to Sweden in 10 steps on sweden.se