• English

Sweden & Australia

Working in Sweden

If you are a non-EU citizen who wants to work in Sweden, you most likely require a work permit.

Applications for work permits for Sweden are processed by the Swedish Migration Agency in Sweden. If you are a non-EU citizen who wants to apply for a work permit to work in Sweden, your application can be submitted online through the Swedish Migration Agency’s website.

If you are granted a work permit for Sweden for more than 90 days, you will also be granted a residence permit for Sweden which is valid for the same period as the work permit.


Working in Sweden - Migrationsverket

Frequently asked ques­tions about work permits - Migrationsverket

Special rules for certain occu­pa­tions and citi­zens of certain countries - Migrationsverket

Exemptions from the work permit requirements - Migrationsverket