• English

Sweden & Australia

If you had a permanent residence permit

If you are a non-EU citizen who has previously lived in Sweden with a permanent residence permit (which has since been revoked by the Swedish Migration Agency), and you have some form of tie to Sweden, you can apply for a new residence permit if you are planning to move back to Sweden.

Applications for residence permits for Sweden are processed by the Swedish Migration Agency in Sweden. If you are a non-EU citizen who wants to apply for a residence permit to move back to Sweden, your application must initially be submitted through a Swedish Mission abroad, after which it will be forwarded from the Swedish Mission abroad to the Swedish Migration Agency in Sweden.

For citizens/non-EU residents of Australia, matters concerning residence permits/work permits for Sweden are handled by Sweden’s Mission abroad in Australia, which is the Embassy of Sweden in Canberra.


Residence permit for moving back to Sweden - Migrationsverket

Last updated 03 Aug 2023, 2.22 PM