• English

Travel to USA

Performing Artists

This applies to artists wishing to perform in Sweden. The performing artist category includes singers, musicians, dancers, circus artists and fairground workers, etc. Those accompanying the artist as technicians, road managers, etc, also fall under this category and must therefore have permits as well.

Performing artists who have been contracted for a temporary radio or TV engagement by the Swedish Broadcasting Corporation, the Swedish Television Company, the Swedish Educational Broadcasting Company or the Nordic Television Company are exempt from the work permit requirement for a period of one month.

This application needs to be submitted in person or by mail to the Embassy in Washington. 

Please submit the following documents:

  • Application for Swedish work permit (form #149011), completed, signed and dated, and including detailed contact information.
  • Notarized copies of the pages of your passport that show your identity and the validity of your passport. Also include copies of any other permits in your passport.
  • Notarized copy of US Alien Registration Card or other valid resident visa (type A, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, O, or R), if applicable.
  • Form PF AMS 101707 (supplied by the employer).
  • Contract with engagement organizer in Sweden, signed by both parties. (Your employer must guarantee you a salary or wage of at least 13,000 SEK per month before tax).
  • Application fee, in the form of one money order or certified bank check, payable to the Embassy of Sweden.

How much does it cost?

Application fees can be found in the list of service fees.

As soon as all the documents have been received your case will be forwarded to the Swedish Migration Agency.

For processing time, please visit the Swedish Migration Agency´s website.

If you are granted a residence permit and you are a U.S Citizen you are able to submit the biometric data for the residence permit card in Sweden.

If you require a visa in order to travel to Sweden, you will have to submit the biometric data at the Embassy and receive your residence permit card before entering Sweden.

Last updated 29 Sep 2023, 9.14 AM