Trabaja con nosotros
Job vacancy - Program Officer for Human Rights and Democracy in Development Cooperation
The Embassy of Sweden in Bogotá covers political and commercial relations with Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela, as well as development cooperation with Colombia. The Embassy is now looking for a Program Officer to the development cooperation section.
Swedish development cooperation with Colombia is governed by the cooperation strategy for Colombia 2016-2020, which aims to contribute to peacebuilding and state building as well as sustainable development. A new strategy 2021-2025 is expected to be decided upon in early 2021. The aim is to support Colombia in the implementation of a negotiated peace by contributing to sustainable peace, human security and sustainable development.
The development cooperation is an integral part of the Embassy. The Program Officer will work within the development cooperation section under the direct leadership of the Head of Development Cooperation. The position is a temporary position for one year from March 2021 - February 2022, with the possibility of prolongation.
Roles and responsibilities
- Thematic responsibilities related to the development cooperation with Colombia,
specifically concerning human rights and democracy, including local peacebuilding and
- Manage, follow-up and quality assure contributions related to the thematic responsibilities within the development cooperation section, including field visits and budget analysis.
- Represent Sweden in relevant international coordination groups and other fora and establish dialogue with relevant actors.
- Contribute with political and contextual analysis, primarily in English and Spanish, as well as speeches etc. for the Ambassador and to the Head of Development Cooperation.
- Participate in the development, monitoring and reporting of the development cooperation strategy.
- Contribute to the political reporting of the Embassy.
- Contribute to the development cooperation section and to the Embassy work in general.
- University degree in an associated field such as Political Science, International Relations, International Law, or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to the position.
- At least 3 years of experience in democratic governance and/or civil society.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and ability to easily learn new management systems.
Thorough knowledge and experience
- of political analysis
- of development policy and cooperation
- of civil society in Colombia
- of Colombian institutions and organizations, national and sub – national levels
- of Colombian post-conflict territories
- of issues related to multilateral cooperation, development in conflict and post-conflict situations
- Contribution management, including good administrative skills and budget analysis
- Good communication skills
- Good reporting and writing skills
- Social skills and effective interpersonal relations
- Capability to learn and adapt to a multicultural environment
- Flexibility and ability to manage competing priorities
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to structure and deliver within tight timelines
Knowledge of Swedish foreign policy and Swedish language skills
How to Apply
If you fulfil the requirements above, please send your cv (in English) with a cover letter (in English) to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be marked UM2021/00259/BOGO Program Officer Human Rights and Democracy 2021.
Closing date for applications is January 31th, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Göran Paulsson, Head of Development Cooperation, on e-mail: email@example.com.
Para mas información sobre pasantías, vea el enlace: "Pasantía en la Embajada"