The Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok is one of the largest Swedish Embassies in Asia and in the world. The Ambassador is also side-accredited to Laos and Myanmar.
We are currently accepting applications for the vacancy of Political Officer.
This is a full-time position. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including a 37.5-hour work week, a 13th month salary, and 28 days of annual leave.
As member of the Section for Politics, Trade and Promotion, reporting to the Head of Section, the Officer’s tasks will include the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the political side of the Section’s work, including organising dialogues with key political actors, undertaking research and drafting assignments as necessary, but also assisting in protocol and administrative matters.
- Participating in the planning and execution of incoming and outgoing high-level visits as well as outreach events to advance Sweden’s foreign policy goals.
- Promotion of Sweden’s core values, and those of the European Union, in particular with regard to human rights.
- Maintaining and expanding close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders within government, civil society and academia.
- Monitoring mainstream and social media with a focus on political developments in Thailand.
- Contributing to the Embassy’s public diplomacy including on social media.
- Limited work related to political developments in Myanmar and Lao PDR.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in law, political science, economics, international relations, or other related fields.
- At least three years working experience within international organisations, government agencies, civil society, journalism or related field.
- A thorough understanding of Thailand’s political and social development.
- The ability to take initiatives and periodically meet strict deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to alternate between independent work and teamwork.
- The knowledge and skills to plan, organise, and execute mission visits, seminars and outreach programmes.
- Excellent communication skills in Thai and in English (orally and written).
- Good computer skills and knowledge, particularly Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Swedish (both written and spoken) is an added merit.
Interested candidates must submit an application letter together with a CV no later than 14 May 2018 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for written test and interview at the Embassy. Tentative starting day: 1 September 2018 or as per agreement.