Information about repatriation flights to Europe
03 Apr 2020
Everyone that has registered with the Embassy for repatriation flights to Europe, will receive a notification about their flight approximately three days before departure. In connection with this it is our hope that the destination in Germany (Frankfurt or Munich) will also be confirmed.
As we have informed about earlier, the first Swedish citizens are booked to fly back on Tuesday April 7. Swedish passengers for the following flights will be notified as soon as the distribution of seats is done. So far this has been done three days in advance, but we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case.
We would like to draw your attention to the following information concerning the flights:
- The flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Frankfurt or Munich will be departing around 22.00 and will arrive at their destination the next morning between 08.30 and 10.00.
- All passengers must be at their assembly point in good time. We have unfortunately not been given permission to let passengers assemble at the airport. Buses will take you from the assembly point to the airport.
- For the flights from Johannesburg the assembly point is:
- German School in Pretoria/Deutsche Schule Pretoria, 75 Simon Vermooten Road, The Willows, Pretoria
- For the flights from Cape Town, the assembly point is:
- Cape Town Stadium, Greenpoint, Cape Town
- Passengers need to be at the assembly point at 15.00 at the latest.
- At the assembly points or at the airport, all passengers will be tested for Covid19 and will be asked to fill out a health declaration. This is to enable South African authorities to do tracing should the test prove positive. No test results will be received before departure.
- Luggage allowance is 2x20 kgs. No over-size luggage or overweight is allowed, but strollers and car seats for children will be allowed. Usual hand luggage is permitted.
- All passengers must bring the following:
- A travel certificate issued by the Embassy (which gives permission for the passenger/s to travel from their residence to the assembly point, will be sent out separately)
- Valid passport
- The flight booking confirmation from South African Airways
- § 6 KG-form, completed and signed for each person (will be sent out separately)