Driver to the Swedish Embassy in Maputo, Mozambique
The Embassy of Sweden in Mozambique represents the Swedish Government in the Republic of Mozambique. The general mission of the Embassy is to strengthen relations between Sweden and Mozambique, both from government to government, as between citizens, businesses and organizations in both countries. The Embassy is also accredited for Swaziland and Madagascar.
The Embassy of Sweden is currently seeking to recruit a Driver based in Maputo. The position is full time.
The contract is 12 months with possibility of extension, the probationary period is 3 months.
- Drive Embassy vehicles safely and make sure passengers arrive securely and in time to appointments.
- Responsible for maintenance of the embassy’s vehicles, including cleaning
- Ensures that the Embassy vehicles are insured
- Handles administration of the Embassy cars
- Handles and documents the Embassy’s import/export and the practical management of posted staff’s moveables, office material and other imported goods to the Embassy
- Conducts messenger duties including the mail.
- Assists posted staff purchase and sale of vehicles and driving license,
- Performs various office, administrative and practical tasks
- Perform other tasks when needed
Requirements and desirable criteria:
- A valid professional drivers license and driving record clean (without remarks).
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional experience as a driver. Similar work experience at an embassy or international organization will be an advantage.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English (spoken and written).
- Proficiency in using MS Office Packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Availability to work with flexible working hours and occasionally willing to travel inside and outside the country.
- An ability to initiate and perform maintenance tasks and to supervise maintenance workers
The Embassy of Sweden actively promotes diversity and has a non-hierarchical organization. We delegate responsibility and encourage own initiatives, creativity, and prestige free teamwork. Normal working hours are 07:30-16:30 Monday through Friday, work during evenings and weekends may occur.
Applications, including a personal letter in English and a CV, should be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com and the subject line should indicate the reference number UM2023/28744 . The last day of application is Friday 15 September 2023.