Are you a change agent? Do you want to be a part of a business network of emerging leaders with a shared interest of working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa and Europe? Join the Swedish Institute Management Programme and learn more about responsible leadership and sustainable business.
The Swedish Institute is a public agency that promotes interest and trust in Sweden around the world. We work in the fields of culture, education, science and business to strengthen international relations and development.
The 2019 programme is looking for business leaders from Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Sweden or Ukraine with management experience and who’s able to influence the strategic directions of your company.
The purpose of the management programme is to challenge traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more focused on sustainability in the global economy.
What will SIMP offer you?
As a participant in the programme you will meet prominent figures in the commercial and political sectors as well as academia who will be presenting topics such as climate change, responsible financing, stake-holder engagement and leadership development. During the programme you will:
• get insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
• gain increased leadership competence with a focus on personal leadership
• develop your skills on how to make positive business impact
• give you a long-lasting network of business leaders working for a sustainable future
In the programme you collaborate with the other participants to maximize your learning experience, creative thinking and how to lead value-driven change. The programme includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases, interactive workshops and company visits.
Can I apply?
• You are a citizen of Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Sweden or Ukraine
• You have a post-secondary education
• You have previous leadership experience as a Manager, Team leader or Project leader
• You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
• You have a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector where you’re working closely with business development.
We are looking for participants with an interest in sustainability and with the aspiration to make it an integral part of the business strategy. You can drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategy for your organization. Furthermore, you have willingness to use competences and knowledge you gain from the programme.
We value participants with good collaboration and communication skills. To make the most out of the programme we believe that you have the energy, drive and willingness to develop both personally and professionally and the ambition to make a change.
To benefit from the programme, we’re looking for young leaders (approximately between 25 and 45 years old).
All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute:
Costs covered and arranged by you:
You apply by submitting your CV and motivate your participation by answering our questionnaire reached once starting the application process. The application and CV should be in English.
Questions about the application process can be addressed to Johanna.Garke@se.experis.com
Welcome with your application as soon as possible but no later than the 28th of February.
For more information about the Swedish institute please see https://si.se/en/