Here you find vacancies at the Swedish Embassy in Pristina.
National Programme Officer: Democratic Governance and Human Rights
The Swedish International Development Cooperation represented by the Embassy of Sweden in Pristina hereby announces the opportunity to work as a national programme officer on democratic governance and human rights. The position is full-time and the chosen candidate is expected to start working latest by 7th of September, 2020.
- Follow and analyse developments in Democratic Governance and Human Rights sector.
- Serve as focal point for gender equality and civil society.
- Lead and coordinate donor’s support to civil society.
- Manage contributions in line with Sida’s contribution management process, and relevant rules and regulations.
- Perform results analysis and results-based management on contribution and portfolio level.
- Promote dialogue and coordination among internal and external stakeholders, representing Sweden in the international community within the area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the Embassy’s analysis and reporting beyond the development cooperation.
- Contribute to Sida’s strategic annual planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in sociology, economics, other social science or related field is required.
- A project/programme management and human rights certification would be added advantages.
Work experience and competence
Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of social and development issues in Kosovo and the region and specifically from the CSO sector. Strong analytical skill, capacity and ability to identify, analyse and articulate multi-dimensional social development issues.
- Experience in socio-economic development and policy analysis.
- Experience with drafting reports and assessment of reports.
- Demonstrated professional competence and experience working with governmental and non/governmental organizations.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience from working with gender mainstreaming with focus on actively engaging men and boys is an advantage.
- Experience from management and analysis of budget and work plan.
- Experience of participation in programme development and understanding of result-based framework.
- Experience from coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Previous experience of working with donor agency is an asset.
Speak and write clearly and effectively in English and Albanian. Other local languages is an advantage.
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before the2nd of July, 2020.